MARTIAL ARTS for ADULTS
The #1 Total Mind, Body & Spirit Training Program
For thousands of years, adults of all ages have been enjoying the vast benefits gained through training in the martial arts. Whether your emphasis is on personal protection, improved health and fitness, and/or mental clarity and well being; our personalized instruction will help you discover the incredible benefits of our adult karate classes and traditional values to everyday living. Regardless of your age, current physical condition or abilities; our professional instructors will be happy to inspire you to realize your personal best through our programs.
Z-Ultimate prides itself in combining the “best of the best” of the Classical, Practical and Tactical aspects of our Ultimate Kenpo system. Our Beginners Program is designed to help you build a solid foundation in the classical aspects of karate while introducing some of the practical and tactical aspects. Our Beginners Program will also introduce you to the rigorous physical demands of self defense training, all designed to condition your body and build a superior level of functional fitness from the inside out, preparing you for the challenges of the Advanced Program.
In the Beginners Program, you will:
- Learn proper warm-up & stretching exercises – so that you can begin training sessions properly and develop flexibility
- Perform unique body weight exercises – so that you can develop functional fitness and core strength while getting rid of excess fat and improving your cardiovascular health
- Develop fundamental stances and footwork – so that you can move with a combination of speed, balance and power
- Learn proper striking and kicking techniques – so that you can defend yourself with a strike, kick or knee without hurting yourself
- Learn fundamental defensive blocks – so that you can block, deflect or redirect a punch, kick, push or grab; the bedrock of your self defense skills
- Learn the first “Kata” or forms – a series of footwork, blocks, strikes and kicks in set patterns, designed to be used as drills and develop your coordination and fundamentals
- Learn and perform controlled self defense drills, so you can begin to develop your reaction time, hand-eye coordination, how to control distance and more And much more…
Training for self defense is one thing; being able to apply and use what you learn is another. The Advanced Program is designed to accelerate your training by continuing to build upon your Classical foundation, while adding the Practical and Tactical aspects of our style. In the practical aspect of the Advanced Program, you will learn how to apply the classical tools and techniques you have developed in a structured, controlled situation. By providing the context and guidelines of the situation and what you can perform, it greatly increases your confidence and comfort level, allowing you to concentrate on your execution and technique.
While continuing to develop your fundamental skills and apply them in practical drills, you will also start to develop your Tactical skills. In the Tactical aspect of your program, you expand the Practical application by removing some of the structure and guidelines of previous training sessions, and begin to drill reality-based self defense situations.
During the Advanced Program, you will:
- Expand and add more fundamental techniques and forms – so you can solidify your classical training and gain a deeper understanding of the roots of our Ultimate Kenpo system
- Learn dynamic practical self defense drills – so you learn how to apply your classical techniques in a way that works in a self defense situation
- Drill live tactical situations – so that you can build confidence and see what works and what doesn’t in a self defense situation
- Develop tactical skills – so that you can move and apply your self defense skills in a live situation, without hesitation or thought
- Learn principles of weapons defense – so that you understand the principles behind defending against a bladed weapon, stick or club and firearm
- Discover how to defend against multiple attackers – so that if you are ever caught in that situation, you don’t panic; you know what to do
- And much more…